Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Trying to decide between a horse and baby Polly

  1. #1
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Which do you like better? Does one have a higher play value? Sigh...I have some AG money for my birthday and the decisions on what to spend it on are hard!!

    Thank-you

    Shanna

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have either but I vote for baby Polly. I think that the AG horses are not accurate in size, they should really be much taller. But that's just my opinion...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank-you stephanie,
    I forgot to add that I'm also thinking about Sam's night table commode.

    Shanna

  4. #4
    Inactive Member XX_Kitkat_XX's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2006
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Get Penny,I have her,not baby polly,but Penny is fun to play with.Plus,Lissie takes good pictures on penny.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have both and I love them both! (I know I'm not helping!) I think they both have high play value. The doll can hold the baby and ride the horse. They both look good on display too. I think Baby Polly is cuter in person. Also $50 for both a piece of furniture and a new character for your collection is a good deal in my opinion. You could only get two dresses for that price if you are lucky. It also doesn't take up as much room as the horse. The horse is still great tho if you have the room. Let us know what you choose. There are pictures of both somewhere in my siggy.

  6. #6
    horselvr2
    Guest horselvr2's Avatar

    Post

    Hmm, I have the today baby doll, and I have an ag horse, I like the ag horse better, but I don't have Samantha's commode, but I really like it, and almost got it on sunday, so even if I don't have the commode, I'd say....either the horse or commode.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member uktmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I vote for Baby Polly! I love her and her cradle. Just FYI, when you put baby Polly in her cradle her feet touch the bottom and her head touches the top. IMO they should have made the cradle about 3 inches longer so she would have looked more comfortable!

    But I still vote for her! She is too cute for words!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank-you everyone for your insightful comments. I'm just bumping this a little bit to see if I could get a few more opinions on this. It will be one of my bigger purchases so I want it to be right. I hate sending things back, and if I decide on the horse it would be expensive to send her back! Thank-you again!

    Shanna

  9. #9
    ButtercupFlibble
    Guest ButtercupFlibble's Avatar

    Post

    First I'll admit that I have neither, but I'd go with Penny.

    I wouldn't buy Baby Polly (and I like the concept, just not the execution) because she 1) is very pricey, 2) doesn't fit her cradle very well from what I've heard, and 3) is easy to reproduce. For my Polly I just picked up a Gotz Mini Muffin I found at Goodwill (you can also get them fairly cheaply online or perhaps at a Tuesday Morning store if there is one in your area) and she's very similar as far as I can tell from other people's pictures. I figured a simple long white gown and bonnet for a baby's "everyday wear" would be more accurate anyway, so that's what I'm making. The cool thing about that is that if you like Kirsten, it's a fairly easy way to make a Baby Britta, too.

    Penny is a more integral part of the Felicity stories. She has also been out longer than Polly, so she may be easier to find in gently used condition on ebay.

    Most of the AG stuff is not perfectly in scale. Considering the dolls are nine-eleven years old, the table and chair sets should be larger than they are in comparison to the dolls, for example.

    Maybe it would help to make up a list of pros and cons of the different items you want and do a side-by-side comparison. In the end it's best to choose what you think you will enjoy the most.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I vote for a horse. They are sooooo beautiful and they feel sooooo nice and your dolls can have amazing adventures with their horse! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    My niece is visiting and she doesn't like horses very much. She adores babies! Guess who she is voting for? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •